Occupational Health Walk-in Medical Clinic in Memphis, TN
AFC Urgent Care Proudly Provides Employer Drug Testing, Work Injury Treatment, and other Occupational Medicine Services
Occupational health is a general term for the practice of keeping people safe and healthy in the workplace.
The federal government places a great deal of emphasis on ensuring the health and well being of the working population by requiring employers and employees to do everything possible to prevent work-related injury and illness.
At AFC Urgent Care in Memphis, we provide a comprehensive occupational health service to employers which includes:
- Services that prevent work-related ill health such as flu shots
- Physicals and drug screens to clear employees as fit-for-work
- Medical assessment, diagnosis and treatment of occupational injuries and disease, commonly referred to as worker’s comp illness or injury
Occupational health is part of a government-regulated medical system in the U.S., including the way workplace illness and injury is treated. While employers are challenged with ensuring employees get the proper medical treatment for such illness or injury, they are also confronted with rising medical costs.
AFC Urgent Care was founded on the concept that the best, most comprehensive medical care is available to people at a fair and reasonable price and this includes to employers for occupational health services.
We provide prompt, comprehensive service and communication back to you, no matter what your industry or company size. We focus on helping you and your employees determine a back-to-work plan. Our doctors work with you to streamline the process for treatment, electronic feedback on your employee’s status, direct follow up with your employee, and record keeping and appointment setup.
We focus on helping you to feel better. We also ensure that your employer is kept updated on your status, and that you have a clear plan to return to productive service as soon as possible. The Occupational and Workers Comp process can be confusing, so we provide clear and complete instructions on your own treatment, as well as how to handle reporting and follow up.
Some of our occupational medical services include:
- On the Job Injury and Sudden Illness
- Pre-Employment and Pre-Placement Examinations
- DOT and Non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Health and Wellness Education Programs
- Medical Surveillance Examinations
- Workers’ Compensation with prompt evaluation and treatment for a full range of work-related injuries and illnesses including lacerations and fractures.
- Drug and Alcohol Testing, both DOT and non-DOT drug testing as well as evidential breath alcohol testing (BAT).
- Physical Examinations, including pre-employment, pre-placement, and lift and agility testing.
- Health and Wellness including flu vaccination and blood pressure checks in addition to other health and wellness offerings.
Our physicians are on-site 7 days a week from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. to treat your employees. Our digital x-ray, full service laboratory and on-site medicine dispensary help us care for your employees efficiently and effectively.
For more information or questions regarding our occupational health services, please call us at the number at the top of this page.
Helpful sites for information on occupational health:
Occupational Safety and Health Administration – OSHA
U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration DOT FMCSA
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services – USCIS